EligibilityTournaments will be USBC sanctioned. Participants must hold a USBC card, and must be at least 50 years old as of the tournament date or turn 50 in the month of the tournament.
- Participants bowl 4 games of qualifying across 4 pairs of lanes.
- The top qualifier in each of 4 age groups (50-54, 55-59, 60-66, 67 and over) will receive a bye into the 1st round of match play. All women will compete in the 67 and over age bracket, regardless of age.
- The next top 8 total scores will move on to the 1st round of match play.
- The four winners will advance to a second round to include the 4 age group qualifiers who received a 1st round bye.
- The 4 winners move to the 3rd round of match play.
- Opponents in all three rounds are selected by a blind draw and will bowl a single game.
- The two final winners will bowl a single game for the championship.
- Ties in the match play will be decided by a two-frame roll-off. Ties that affect the standings for match play including the high qualifier in each age group, will also be decided by a two-frame roll-off.
Before the 1st tournament each year, the number of players in each age group will be reviewed to see if any changes are necessary in order to maintain reasonable parity.
Grand FinalsThe last tournament of the year will be the Grand Finals. To qualify, a bowler must have entered or paid into 4 tournaments during the year. The non-casher event is open to bowlers who have not cashed over $200 for the season. There is no match play for the non-cashers - the payoff will be made in the order of finish with the same 1 out of 4 ratio.
Fees and PayoutsFor the current season, the entry fee is $50, broken down as follows:
- Prize fund $35
- Supplies/lineage 12
- Grand finals/non-cashers 3
Entries close with the start of bowling, normally at 10 a.m.
Prize money will be paid immediately after the completion of the tournament. A minimum of one out of every four entries will be paid. All entry fees will be returned to participants through the prize fund, after deductions for lineage and expenses. First place is guaranteed $500.
Side PotsThere are several side pots available to our participants.
- High Game Pot - pays out 1, 2, & 3rd place for each qualifying round.
- 279 Pot - Anyone that pays into the high game pot for the current tournament is eligible for the 279 pot during qualifying rounds.