Tournaments will be USBC sanctioned. Participants must hold a USBC card and must be at least 50 years old as of the tournament date or turn 50 in the month of the tournament.
The tournament format is as follows:
- Participants bowl 4 games of qualifying across 4 pairs of lanes.
- The top 16 qualifiers will move on to the 1st round of match play.
- The winners will advance to a second round and then 4 winners move to the 3rd round of match play.
- Opponents in all three rounds are selected by a blind draw and will bowl a single game.
- The two final winners will bowl a single game for the championship.
- Ties in the match play will be decided by a two-frame roll-off. Ties that affect the qualification for match play will also be decided by a two-frame roll-off.
The last tournament of the year will be the Grand Finals. To qualify, a bowler must have entered or paid into 4 tournaments during the year. The non-casher event is open to bowlers who have not cashed over $200 for the season. There is no match play for the non-cashers - the payoff will be made in the order of finish with the same 1 out of 4 ratio.
Fees and Payouts
For the current season, the entry fee is $50, broken down as follows:
- Prize fund $35
- Supplies/lineage 12
- Grand finals/non-cashers 3
Entries close with the start of bowling, normally at 10 a.m.
Prize money will be paid immediately after the completion of the tournament. A minimum of one out of every four entries will be paid. All entry fees will be returned to participants through the prize fund, after deductions for lineage and expenses. Those who qualify for match play will receive their money back.
There are several side pots available to our participants.
- High Game Pot - pays out 1, 2, & 3rd place for each qualifying round.
- 279 Pot - Anyone that pays into the high game pot for the current tournament is eligible for the 279 pot during qualifying rounds.
We primarily utilize Challenge series patterns that fall between sport shots and house/recreational patterns.
ReferralsAny member who recruits another member into the organization will receive a free entry into the Grand Finals, provided the person recruited is also eligible for the Grand Finals. The Tournament Director must be made aware of the recruitment prior to the 1st tournament bowled by the recruited individual.
Any member who secures sponsorship money of $200 or more, will be given a free entry.
Disputes will be resolved by the Board of Directors. Their decision will be final unless an appeal is made in accordance with Rule 329. The Board of Directors for the 2018-2019 season are Hal Hinsz, Pat McHugh, and Stacy McCain. Any replacements will be appointed by the Tournament Director, Mike McCarthy.